Much of this originates as live workshop materials; the unlinked workflows are planned but not yet converted to prose here.
Git patterns that come up frequently in real work:
- Commit early and often. Push less often. The Repeated Amend.
- Help, my push was rejected!
- Integrating remote and local work. Probably so you can push again.
- Burn it all down.
- Time travel:
- “I just need to see the past”. Browse and search on GitHub.
- “I need to visit the past”. Create a checkout a branch.
- “I want to return to the past”.
- “I had a great cookie last October”.
git cherry pick,
git checkout REF -- path
Play well with others: