Git explainers, heavy on the diagrams
A Visual Git Reference
A successful Git branching model
A successful Git branching model considered harmful
Git Tutorials from Atlassian https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/
Software Carpentry Git Novice Lesson
Michael Freeman slides on Git collaboration
GitHub Training materials
Git for Ages 4 and Up
Learn Git Branching
A Git Workflow Walkthrough Series http://vallandingham.me/git-workflow.html
- Part 1: Feature Branches
- Part 2: Reviewing Pull Requests
- Part 3: Reviewing Pull Requests Locally
- Part 4: Merging Pull Requests
Git from the inside out
Break it down:
- Is something wrong with my filesystem/files?
- Is my git repo messed up?
- How can I keep this from happening again?
Rebase avoidance techniques.
Headless state. Rebase hell.
What to do when you can’t, e.g., switch branches. Stashing and WIP commits.
- My gist, re: the cran user: https://gist.github.com/jennybc/4a1bf4e9e1bb3a0a9b56
Being a useful useR
- stay informed re: development
- use issues for bug reports, feature requests
- make pull requests
Stress of working in the open
Workflows for group of 1, 2, 5, 10
Fork and Pull vs Shared Repository