26 Create a bingo card
Here’s a specific suggestion for practicing “fork and pull”.
The general workflow is laid out in chapter 25.
Jenny and Dean have a repository that makes bingo cards with R:
- Read the README to learn more about it!
- Maybe find a partner? Or a couple of partners?
- Fork the
- Clone it to someone’s local machine.
- Create a new bingo card by making a file of possible squares.
- Follow the instructions in https://github.com/jennybc/bingo/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md to see how to contribute a new card.
- Protip: It’s easy to be very funny, but create a very difficult bingo card. Remember to include some easy stuff so people have a chance to bingo.
- If you’re feeling virtuous, run the tests and check the package. Ask us for help! Or live dangerously and skip this.
- Push your changes back to your copy of the repo on GitHub.
- Make a pull request back to the main
- If you card is appropriate, we’ll merge your request and it will become part of the package and available via the Shiny app.
Special inspiration for useR:
- Make useR-specific conference bingo.
- See this issue thread for lots of square ideas!